Tuesday 24 June 2008

Gay Kisses and 'Cinema Paradiso'

Ryan Carnes about to Kiss Scott Lunsford in 'Eating Out' (2004)

The latter part of Guiseppe Tornatore's 'Cinema Paradiso' (1988) deals with the adult life of the central protagonist, Salvatore, as a world-renowned film director. In the final scene of the film, he is in a projection room watching the outtakes of films shown in his childhood in the cinema ('Cinema Paradiso') of his Sicilian hometown - outtakes of censored kisses! As a boy, Toto, he had been the assistant of the wily seeming world-wise projectionist, Alfredo.


I love this part of the film as it explores the sources of the director's passion for film, his unrequited and life-changing love for a local woman and ... so many things.

I thought of the movie yesterday when I came across some gay-kisses-in-the-movies compilations online at YouTube. And decided to post them, hoping they were not uninfused with some of the the same (overwhelming) romanticism I felt watching 'Cinema Paradiso'!



The music accompanying these compilations makes them really work in this way for me!

And watching these two gay videos I realize I'd almost forgotten about romance!

4 comments:

  1. hey victor. they are really nice compilations - just sweet, romantic and sexy to watch through. nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. we should vote for the best gay kiss on multimedia LOL
    I like the kiss at "Trick" (1999) too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. kewl idea jon! :> just posted on your blog - great chatty posts everyone! nick

    ReplyDelete