Monday 29 December 2008

The New Phenomenon of 'Blog Followers'


I was curious the other day to notice something just appear on my blog - 'blog followers'. 

For a very small amount of time (promise!), I thought people were KGB-ing me (and by extension us) to guard against copyright infringements. Which none of us of course have ever indulged in - always hiring top models for high production value photo shoots. And renting studio space to extend these sessions into blockbuster 'action' movies. Which we then post - to stimulate you, in a very natural and health-giving way.

Beyond now knowing it's only about who's following your blog, to some degree or other, I'm still a little fuzzy about the deal.

So I must go to the Blogger homepage and investigate - and report back!

And then decide where I am going to become a 'follower'!

8 comments:

  1. I noticed I had a couple of "followers" as well. Honestly I don't really see the need for this. If you are a follower, you will visit the blog's site more than a couple of times a week, like I visit yours dear Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey dear greg (glad we've moved on to a new phase in our relationship - LOL)

    yeah, not sure - i guess it's for the followed as much as the followers - to see who's droppin by

    so see you round here or yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year!!!
    Wit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hvae to say I have you on my blog list and everytime I do a blog entry, I look at yours. I am following your blog as well.
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey ray

    must confess i'm just off to sign up as a follower of your blog

    and have you on my blog list

    great minds think alike!!!

    nick

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey wit

    have a great new year and let's keep in touch in 2009

    thanks for your good wishes

    nick

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's weird that it just popped up on your blog... I had to add the function. It's not KGB, these are just fans of your site.

    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey (awk)Word

    just popped up on my profile - i had to add the gadget to the blog homepage

    and very pleased it did appear!

    love to know who comes by - i'm adding myself as a follower to lots of sites

    have a great great new year!

    nick

    ReplyDelete