Friday 19 February 2010

News Flash - State of the Blog


Hey guys.

I bought some extra storage for the blog yesterday from Google as I was getting towards my limit here and as an alternative to setting up a new blog, such as 'The Organ Between My Ears Two'.

Since then I've had a number of emails from people saying:
  • they can only access the main page with the Aiden Shaw post
  • they can't leave comments - or escape from the Comments box!
  • that there's nothing on the right side, such as the profile and so on
Curiously, everything seems absolutely fine at my end, even when I check the blog logged into another email addy to mimic coming from the 'outside'.

For me, there are two posts on the main page - The Aiden Shaw one and the Potential New Format post. And other posts can be accessed using the 'Older Posts' link on the bottom right of the homepage. My profile and everything else is in place in the right hand column area.

To sort this out, would it be ok to get a bit of feedback on problems (if any) you might be having with the blog?

It'd be much appreciated.

12 comments:

  1. Well, my experience is now the same as the others have reported. No profile. Nothing to access on the right side like yesterday -- it's blank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey anon

    thanks for telling me that

    the blog seems fine from my end - so it looks a bit like censorship from google cos, in a vaguely related way, i had another blog which i could access but was not available to others

    mmm, i think i'll email blogger/google and see what i can see

    cya and thanks, nick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see the profile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey martin

    thanks for responding - appreciated!

    if you could spare another minute, could you say if you can see the other things that used to be on the right with the profile, like images of some of my paintings, the Blog Icons etc?

    and can you access posts older than the Aiden Shaw one?

    i would be very grateful

    best, nick

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can’t see anything past Aiden… the right sidebar doesn’t appear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey jonathon

    thanks for the input

    what you're experiencing seems general - though martin says he can see my profile - mmm the thot plickens!

    i can export the blog to 'The New Organ Between My Ears' which set up a while ago -
    http://theneworganbetweenmyears.blogspot.com/?zx=91816002885a4571

    need to check that that new blog site shows the side bar - maybe all my blogs are affected like the one here

    keep you posted!

    best

    nick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Opens on your post aboutt he problems, older post takes me to Aiden Shaw which page has no right hand side etc etc. And no link to older posts.

    If I enter the new format/bela,i page from the RSS feeds, that works perfectly, with a working link to older post, rhs etc. The link to newer post takes me to Aiden Shaw which is missing the rhs etc.

    The problem seems to be the Aiden Shaw page. A nice excuse to look at him again though! Must be positive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm.... everything here in your "old" blog is fine as well.
    Your profile along with everything that normally was on the right side is still there.
    Maybe it IS a browser thing and something to do with Google itself?
    I really don't know.
    All I know is that after I added space to my blog, had no problems at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey sticks

    thanks for that feedback - maybe deleting the aiden shaw post will sort things - i'll check

    thanks again for the long and considered help - really good of you

    best, nick

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey greg

    good to hear the old blog is working for you (and martin) - profile and all intact

    i'll fossick round and see what i can figure out and if nada i'll go to the new site - keep you posted

    best, nick

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nick--no problems on this end.
    wit

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey wit

    strange how some people are having no problems here and others are

    the issue what ever it was/is may have been sorted by departing the Aiden Shaw post :<

    you can't have everything!

    good to hear

    best, nick

    ReplyDelete