Thursday 12 July 2012

Voting of a Different Kind

Larry

I suspect I love these four ‘Larry’ (above) stories more than man of my age should. But as there well be another men of my age with similar tendencies I’m going ahead with a post ... somewhat against my better judgment.

Now this is a voting post. You’ll need to say which of the four you liked best. Reasons are not required.


1

A new teacher was trying to make use of her psychology courses. She started her class by saying, 'Everyone who thinks they're stupid, stand up!' After a few seconds, Little Larry stood up. The teacher said, 'Do you think you're stupid, Larry?' 'No, ma'am, but I hate to see you standing there all by yourself!'


2

Larry watched, fascinated, as his mother smoothed cold cream on her face. 'Why do you do that, mommy?' he asked. 'To make myself beautiful,' said his mother, who then began removing the cream with a tissue. 'What's the matter, asked Larry 'Giving up?'


3

Larry's kindergarten class was on a field trip to their local police station where they saw pictures tacked to a bulletin board of the 10 most wanted criminals. One of the youngsters pointed to a picture and asked if it really was the photo of a wanted person. 'Yes,' said the policeman. 'The detectives want very badly to capture him. Larry asked, "Why didn't you keep him when you took his picture?"


4

Little Larry attended a horse auction with his father. He watched as his father moved from horse to horse, running his hands up and down the horse's legs and rump, and chest. After a few minutes, Larry asked, 'Dad, why are you doing that?' His father replied, 'Because when I'm buying horses, I have to make sure that they are healthy and in good shape before I buy. Larry, looking worried, said, 'Dad, I think the Foxtel guy wants to buy Mom .....'


Okay, let the voting begin.

By the way, did you pick the continuity error?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Nick
    So difficult to choose: they all show the honesty and logic of children so well. As I was a teacher, it'll have to be the first: I know I've done that sort of thing.

    Continuity error??? Not sure what you mean. I spotted something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey sticks

      i'm with you - the difficulty of choosing would lead me to select all four, and yes, i agree, part of the appeal is the straightforward logic of children, particularly #3

      sorry i was being a bit obtuse about the continuity error - it was my 'error' in selecting a picture for 'little Larry at school' that looked more like 'big Larry will you get into my bed for a few hours ... or more'

      cheers!

      Delete
  2. Number three slays me. I like the reasoning
    behind the question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Torontonian

      exactly, from a certain point of view, the logic is inescapable!

      Delete
  3. Couldn't I skip the story and just look at the picture...?

    Actually, I like 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi bob

      i found it hard myself to get beyond the picture to do the serious business of posting - in fact i must take another peak before i close off blogging today!

      i like # 1 too

      # 4 had a certain obvious appeal for me too

      cheers

      Delete